IBI Group is the prime contractor for the development, deployment, and operation of this traveler information system for the five-county Greater Los Angeles area.
The project includes:
- 511 Traveler Information Services. This includes multimodal travel information delivery via Interactive Voice Recognition (or IVR) phone system, integrated website, and personal mobile device
- A Traveler Information Center (TMC and operations) providing data quality control, collection, and emergency services support
- Advertising services across all media to mitigate costs of deployment
- A customer call center to take care of fixed and ‘mobile’ highway call box calls
- Tow-truck fleet monitoring operations, including fleet contract analysis and coordination with California Highway Patrol
- The deployment of a transit trip planning IVR and website
- Ten years of operations for all of the above
Learn more about Smart Mobility in our Smart Cities section.