Together With Arcadis – A Message from IBI Group CEO, Scott Stewart
Today, IBI Group announced an agreement to combine with Arcadis, a full-service global design, engineering and consultancy firm based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The combination of IBI Group and Arcadis will allow us to exceed what either company could accomplish alone, accelerating our ability to define the cities of tomorrow.
This is an exciting milestone for IBI – one marking true growth that will build careers, open new doors, and bring expanded expertise and resources to our clients on a global scale. Together with Arcadis, we will evolve our technology initiatives and expand our Intelligence sector across a much larger footprint. For our Buildings sector, our collective design excellence and expertise will establish us as the leading and most diverse architectural firm in North America and the globe. For our Infrastructure sector, we will expand our capabilities and depth of experience in infrastructure and environmental services, amplifying our ability to support our clients’ missions to create sustainable cities and communities.
For our employees, this is an opportunity for growth. The quality and diversity of Arcadis’ projects and expertise – from new mobility to energy transition to net zero communities – will enable our talent to learn and grow, and they will have exposure to some of the most cutting-edge projects around the world. Similarly, we will bring new expertise and open up markets for Arcadis. We take tremendous pride in the passion and purpose that drives our people, and they will now be able to bring that energy to solutions on a much larger scale.
Together with Arcadis, we will:
- Increase our scale: Canada and the U.S. are strategic growth areas for both IBI and Arcadis
- Leverage complementary service offerings: We will collaborate across environmental capabilities, project and program management and cost control solutions
- Accelerate investments in technology: For 2022, Arcadis has earmarked more than €170M for technology investments, including new digital solutions
- Double the scale of infrastructure businesses: As scale becomes increasingly important to win and execute infrastructure projects, this will help us meaningfully expand
- Create a leading architectural business with global reach: The combination of IBI and Arcadis’ architectural practice means we’ll be a top three global architectural player
- Broaden the reach of IBI’s technology solutions: We can bring IBI’s Intelligence capabilities to Arcadis’ 8,000 clients across 30+ countries
- Enhance employee experience as part of a purpose-driven organization
- Become a leader in sustainability: Arcadis is the globally recognized industry leader in ESG
- Share best practices and leverage Arcadis’ Global Excellence Centres: We will share learnings and leverage each other’s expertise to improve competitiveness and enable faster growth
As we map out the opportunities this presents for our people and our clients over the next 6-12 months, we will take a thoughtful, deliberate, and paced approach to the transition. Our day-to-day work is not changing and our commitment to our partners and projects is unwavering.
This is a major milestone for IBI Group, and I would like to thank our people and our clients who have been on this journey with us. I look forward to embarking on the next leg of it with you.
Click here to read the joint press release from IBI Group and Arcadis.