Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Scholarship Program
At IBI Group, we are dedicated to identifying and creating opportunities to build on and strengthen the diverse mix of experience, skills, and backgrounds within our organization.
We are excited to launch our 2022 Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB) Scholarship which rewards students who self-identify as Black with a $5,000 scholarship at six partner universities across Canada and the United States.
This scholarship is one of many IBI Group programs aimed at increasing internal gender representation and diversity and in turn fostering an environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves and achieve a sense of belonging.
IBI Group wants to reward Black students for their scholastic achievements, while introducing them to the vast opportunities at IBI Group upon graduation. We are now accepting applications for the scholarship until May 6, 2022.
The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB) Scholarship is available to students and IBI Group staff who:
- Self-identify as a Black student
- Are enrolled in a university institution in the 2022-23 academic year in pursuit of a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Funds will be issued Summer 2022.
- Demonstrate commitment to community leadership in advancing social equity and/or outstanding contributions to the Black community
- Are pursuing a STEAM major. STEAM refers to science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics, with preference to students enrolled in the practice areas within Infrastructure, Buildings, and Intelligence (IBI)
- Are enrolled in one of the following universities: Morgan State University, Howard University, Prairie View A&M University, University of British Columbia, University of Toronto, Carleton University
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
IBI’s commitment to inclusion, diversity and a sense of belonging is reflected at all levels of our company including the Board of Directors, who consider these efforts a key imperative to a successful and sustainable business. We are steadfast in our goal to foster an inclusive culture, where diverse experiences and perspectives are valued and encouraged. We are committed to providing opportunities free of bias, where future leaders can achieve their potential and shape the future of our industry.
Strength in our diversity
Inclusivity is a defining trait of our firm. We’re committed to creating equitable work environments for everyone on our team, and we do it by applying the same principles of accessibility and global perspective that guide our urban visions. IBI Group takes pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), ensuring non-discrimination in all outreach programs and activities in accordance with Title VII of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964.
For more information, or if you require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency to participate in any of our public outreach efforts, contact us.
What we stand for
These are the mission, vision and values that inform and inspire everything our firm does.