Block 55 East Sewage Pumping Station
IBI Group provided full lifecycle services for the pumping station, from the design to the construction management, including the tendering, construction inspection and contract administration.
ClientBlock 55 East Landowners Group Inc.
Designing the infrastructure to support future development
IBI provided engineering design services for a new Sewage Pumping Station (SPS) to service planned development in the Block 55 East, Kipling Avenue Community in the City of Vaughan. The Block 55 East SPS is designed to service the sanitary design flow of 74.1 L/s. The design meets the City of Vaughan design standards as well as applicable building, electrical and fire codes including the NFPA-820 Standard for Fire Protection in Wastewater Treatment and Collection Facilities and satisfies the Ontario Ministry of the Environment requirements for an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA).
The main design features of the Block 55 East SPS include:
- A sub-grade wet well (internal dimensions of approximately 2.7m x 6.0m x 10.4m deep) with an adjacent but isolated dry well to house the pumps, valves, piping, ladder access to a maintenance platform, hatches, complete with a ventilation system
- Inlet sewer grinder removable for maintenance with an electric hoist system
- Explosion proof electrical lighting in the wet well and dry well
- A dry well sump and sump pump, equipped with a check valve, to pump any floor drainage to the wet well
- Electromagnetic flow meter on the force main header
- Generator Room (internal dimensions of approximately 9.6m x 6.5m) with an at grade floor structure complete with a 300kW /375kVA, 600V, 3PH, 60Hz standby rated diesel generator set, diesel fuel storage tank and containment, Motor Control Centre (MCC) panels complete with solid state starters for sewage pumps, electric heating unit, ventilation and lighting
- Motorized dampers complete with a modulating louver control to provide optimal air flow and temperature control for the generator room
- Odour control system that consists of a fan and activated carbon media for adsorption of hydrogen sulphide and VOC emissions
- Electrically operated hoist to remove pumps and other equipment from the dry well
- Three phase primary hydro supply to the pumping station building complete with a pole mounted or pad mounted transformer for 600 V supply to the motor control centre