MESP and Block Manager for Block 59
As lead consultant, IBI prepared the Terms of Reference, Block Plan Report and Municipal Class Environmental Assessment for the proposed collector street between Huntington Rd and Regional Rd 27. IBI also developed the Cost Sharing Schedules in support of the Block Plan approval process for the development of a 400 hectare employment block in the City of Vaughan.
ClientPayne McKenna Blumberg Architects
Laying the groundwork for a cohesive and functional design
Block 59 is bisected north to south by the future extension of Highway 427 and an existing Hydro Corridor. Natural heritage features also span across Block 59 from north to south containing defined valleys and watercourses of the Humber River watershed. The Block Plan Report consists of a Master Environmental Servicing Plan (MESP), Planning Report, Transportation and Transit Assessment, Traffic Management Plan and Urban Design/Architectural and Landscaping Guidelines.
IBI was also responsible for:
- assisting in the preparation of cost sharing principles and schedules;
- managing the municipal, provincial and regulatory agency approval process;
- preparing the MESP and Municipal Class EA;
- coordinating the multidisciplinary consultant team to prepare the Terms of Reference and Block Plan Reports; and
- managing landowner group finances including preparation of cash call projections, cash calls and payment of invoices.